Wednesday, January 2, 2008

thank you doctor, again.

Yesterday:

Me: Tomorrow...I have two goals. I'm going to the dr. and I'm going to the grocery store.
Jill (an experienced mom of 3): That will take up your whole day.
Me: I know.

Today:

2:15 -- I am in the dr.'s office alone while the kids are at Nana's.
2:16 -- Nana calls to tell me Addy is crying that her ear hurts.
2:17 -- I get called into exam room. (Gotta call you back mom)
2:20 -- Yes...you have sinus infection.
2:25 -- Nana? Does her ear still hurt? Addy says no.
2:30 -- I am at the pharmacy getting my antibiotic. Phone rings. Addy is crying.
2:31 -- Hello..yes I was just at your office...can you work my daughter in?

4:01 -- Yes...she has an ear infection and a sinus infection. Here is a antibiotic.
4:30 -- Long line at pharmacy.
5:00 -- In the car giving Addy the first of 14 days worth of drugs.

6:00 -- Back home exhausted...kids settled...never made it to the grocery store.

I'm tellin you...when you are a mom...you can only get ONE thing done a day. :)
Neal has the day off tomorrow. I'm try to do more then.

I have also decided I am never ever going anywhere without a large bottle of children's motrin.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry you don't feel good again. I think are entirely too many in this family who are sick right now! :-) Although, knock on wood- we haven't caught the colds yet (I swear by G's Vitamin C & Echinacea since I started working where I do).
    What ever happened with the eye doctor???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a frustrating day. I hope Addy's medicine starts working soon. I'm still dealing with this cold thing...but it's keeping me out of work the rest of this week (since my retard boss decided we all needed to go in).

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh....i ended up being just fine with the prescription...i am still waiting on the contacts to come in...and then we will see how I like them. the place where I took my prescription was rude. I ended up calling Sally while I was there to complain some more.

    Sally...sorry that work sucks. I know you would rather not have to go again ever. :)

    ReplyDelete