Monday, December 31, 2007

2008 resolutions

Some people hate new years resolutions...including somone I am married to. I like them. I think they are fun...and get you moving in a good direction...even if only for a little while. I'm good with that. :)

So here they are:

1. As some of you know I lost quite a bit of weight this fall. I am re-upping my efforts and intend to lose the rest of the pounds I want to in 2008.

2. I want to read more with my kids. Addy and I have decided to read 300 books in 2008. Paperbacks and novels. My mom gave me a really cute little notebook and we agreed to keep a list of the books we have read in there. At school she reads like 10 books a day and hit 100 books in like a month. I figure then at home we ought to be able to ready 300 in a year. Ellie and I are going to try for 100.

3. I want to do some organizing in my house. More like one time organizing than life style organzing. I just have a few scary places that need some TLC. These places are: my buffet, our closets, our dressers, my linen closet, and an old army trunck.

4. I want to write a letter to my bio-dad once a week. We could stay in touch better this way.

5. And lastly...I am going to do the 888 Challenge. You can read about it at www.triple8challenge.blogspot.com I'm just getting started on picking my books...so I'm a little behind.

5 comments:

  1. So that would be what... 456 books??? That's a LOAD of books!
    :-) Mayby I'll do that challenge too- G & I have decided to have a "No television night" set aside for just reading...
    And I forgot to tell you when I saw you- you look good! :-) I could tell you'd lost weight, but just kept getting side-tracked when I'd go to say something to you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahahahah it is a lot of books when you put it that way...ahahahahahhaahahha it will be the year of books!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :-) I have lots of "Christian romance" novels- I'll lend you some if you want... Maybe we could pick some study books (or any books) to read together and discuss??? Let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have my list almost complete. I'll e-mail it to you and we can see if any of them interest you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have new blog set up- coloradosuezque.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete