Monday, December 24, 2007

peeking in the manger

Tonight was my first Christmas Eve service. No...thats not true. Once my mom and I snuck across the street to the Methodist church service...but I started throwing up in the middle of that one...so I think that I won't count that one when I was like 6. This time was my real first experience.

There was a pretty good replica of a manger front and center. And for the first time I was more expectant for what was to fill that manger...than what was already under the tree.

They showed movie clips from the movie "The Nativity" and there were tears running down my cheecks watching Mary and Joseph rejoice over thier child and the shepherds coming in awe. Really cool stuff.

We got to take communion and have a small candlelight part of the service. I was impressed. It was a neat time.

Addy and her uncle, the Colonial, peeked in the manger at the end to see if there was a baby in there.

My parents also went...which I was thrilled for. The Christmas music was really fun and rockin.

----------------------------------------

The stockings are hung with care...and the reindeer food is out...and cookies and milk and waiting. Both girls have been steller in their efforts to be on the nice list. I'm sure Santa is tucking the much coveted portable dvd player into his sleigh right now. :)

---------------------------------------

Today at Neal's parents this big scoop was making homemade donuts. :) This is very fun and very yummy. Addy and Ellie also came home from a visit with some dear friends with Hi Ho Cherry-o and Twister. :) I'm guessing a family tournament will start tomorrow. :)

----------------------------------------

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment