Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Allstate gets me

Directly quoted from an Allstate Insurance ad in a National Geographic:

Why do most 16 year old drive like the're missing a part of their brain?
Because they are.

Even bright, mature teenageers sometimes do things that are stupid.

But when that happens, it's not really their fault. It's because their brain hasn't finished developing. The underdeviloped area is called the dorsal lateral prefrontal cortex. It plays a critical role in decison making, problem solving, and understanding future consequences of today's actions. Problem is, it won't be fully mature until they're into their 20's.

********************************************************

Well...just ask my sister in law Sally if MY 26 year old brain is fully developed yet or not. :)

She said some of the most sweetest stuff anyone has ever told me today...and I didn't really deserve it after I failed to use my brain before my mouth. Its a good thing sisters are forgiving. :)

3 comments:

  1. Sisters annoy, interfere, criticize. Indulge in monumental sulks, in huffs, in snide remarks. Borrow. Break. Monopolize the bathroom. Are always underfoot. But if catastrophe should strike, sisters are there. Defending you against all comers. ~Pam Brown

    I'm glad I have you three sisters! :-)
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's see...you have how many more years for that area to develop?!?

    Love ya,
    MOM

    Great pix--If I do say so myself!

    ReplyDelete