Saturday, December 22, 2007

beggars can't be choosers

but.......if I could choose...I would have chosen to have the snow earlier...and not today. I had reservations at my very very very most favorit-est restaurant ever and they closed the place because of the snow we are getting.

Oh well...I'm enjoying the Christmasy snow.

There is a HUGE drift in the front of my door...huge. It is about waist high.

My family slept in until 9 this morning...and then snuck out in the snow to see a free movie at the old theater in the village next to us. We got to see Charlotte's Web. Ellie and Addy were quite impressed with that super cute pig...and getting to have movie treats before we ever had breakfast.

The snow was a little bit bad before we made it back home...but it got much worse after we were all home safe.

We settled in to decorate our Christmas cookies. We made enough to fill a huge tupperware container. It was very fun.

Ellie ended up sleeping on the couch the whole time...she has a nasty viral something and has really been struggling lately. She did eat a chicken strip for lunch today...and that is improvement over yesterday. I finally fed her three popsicles yesterday because it was all I could tempt her with. She's been one sick little kido. I'm hoping she gets some ooomph back before Christmas ... or I'm afraid she won't be up to opening presents. (Yes...she had been THAT sick.) As I write this ... she has been on the couch for 4 hours...and is just watching Nemo. If any of you know Ellie...you know this is just sooooooooooo not her. If she isn't better...I'll have to take her to the doctor on Wednesday...although...I have called twice...and they keep saying not to worry.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Addy's Christmas party was yesterday...and one of the coolest things I have experienced this season is stepping into the gym and hearing all the children's voices singing Christmas songs together. I got a little teary listening to them sing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

One more note about Christmas cookies. Addy and I were busy busy busy making festive pretty cookies. Neal decides the snowman cookie doesn't really look like a snowman...but more like a monster. Neal's cookie turned into a ferocious monster with claws and teeth. There is a little blood in the monsters teeth because he has been feasting on the local villages children. He also is sporting a bloody arrow because the parents of the local village children are not happy with this arrangement. Also...a poor reindeer got turned into the monsters faithful but bloody steed.

Addy: Papa, stop ruining Christmas.

Outside I expressed my disappointment with the morbidness...but inside I am giggling because it is just pretty funny.

1 comment:

  1. There's no question that Neal and The Colonel are brothers...The Colonel would be proud! =)

    Even though we ate at smoky Old Chicago, dinner was fun...we will still make it to your favorite...sometime!

    ReplyDelete