Tuesday, December 11, 2007

snow...or no snow day

At 10:20 last night my phone rings. The caller ID reads "USD ###." Addy's school system has this super neat system where they can call thousands of phones at once and leave messages about weather or emergency situations. I open my phone to hear...USD ### will be closed tomorrow due to the weather.

I ran upstairs and shake Addy awake to tell her there would be no school in the morning. This was extra good news for her as she had just come down with a ear infection the day before and wouldn't have gone today anyway. This way she didn't have to miss anything.

I was hoping for just this chance. We played Candyland this morning, got out the rice box (a huge plastic tub filled with rice and lots of toys -- fun but messy), and started some Christmas treat making. :)

We also got to watch Shrek the Halls!

And...we had dinosaur shaped chicken nuggets for lunch! OOOOHHH the fun never ends. Except that since it didn't do much beside rain...we will have to go back to the real world tomorrow. I was hoping for lots of ice to keep my family home and together for a while.

Oh well.

1 comment:

  1. I told Sally I'll take my snow over your ice any day! That stuff looks scary!!! But at least you got to stay home and warm today!
    Is Adds feeling better?
    :-)

    ReplyDelete