Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Did you get the apple?

If you know my daughter Addy at all...you know that she is a really picky eater. She has about 3 food groups.

1. Cheese pizza

2. Chicken Nuggets and Mac and Cheese

3. Peanut Butter


She doesn't really eat a lot of the foods other kids will eat...hamburgers (no way), applesauce (not so much), ham sandwich (uh-huh), spaghetti (not touching that sauce.) It drives me crazy. And I'm not naive...I've tried all the tricks and stuff.

Here Addy...dip this carrot stick in RANCH. Nope.
Here Addy...you won't notice that I mixed in a little mashed potatoes. Ewww...it takes like mashed potatoes.
Here Addy...you won't notice I smeared a smidge of beans in your taco meat. No.
Here Addy...if you don't eat the dinner I made...you don't eat. She won't eat for 3 days.
Here Addy...you help me fix and then you will more likely eat it. Yeah right.

She's getting better believe it or not...she has tried a few new things lately. She will try anything her Kindergarten teacher will ask her too--(I don't care...more power to you lady). School lunch is being helpful. Yesterday she ate a breaded chicken sandwich and declared it good...and I snuck in a smoked sausage as a hot dog and that went over well.

The only veggie I can get down her is corn on the cob. She will eat apples, melon, oranges (this is BRAND new), and grapes. She eats cheese, mesquite lunch meat turkey, a few flavors of yogurt, and tortillas.

As you can imagine...this makes packing a lunch for her pretty hard. She won't even eat pepperoni pizza at school. Today the cafeteria was serving steak fingers. Are you kidding me??? I didn't have the right kind of sandwich stuff and was out of yogurt. I sent Neal to the store to get chocolate for him and one single apple for Addy. If I slice it up and send it with a cup of peanut butter for dipping...we have an okay lunch to pack.

7 AM today

Me: Neal...did you get an apple last night?
Neal: Crap.
Me: Now what?
Neal: Get one on the way to school.
Me: Yeah right...and slice it in the car?

Me: Addy...I'm just going to have to pick you up for lunch.
Addy: REALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY FRIENDS DO THAT ALL THE TIME!
Me: Lets go to McDonald's.
Addy: YES!

Again...chicken nuggets for lunch...but at least Addy felt pretty special getting to leave school for awhile. She was the cool kid for the afternoon. :) Its the least I can do right?

1 comment:

  1. Glad she had a good time with mom for lunch! She has a broader menu than Taterbug (my brother's middle girl) She will eat cheese and oranges. Those are the only two constants, unless that's changed this week. :-)

    ReplyDelete