Monday, December 3, 2007

Nikes for Gabriel

This is our first holiday season not in the Churches of Christ. I had a really funny post all written up about all the crazy reasons Churches of Christ don't celebrate Christmas --but Neal told me I had to take it down. So...I'll bite my tongue and just say that I'm loving Christmas at our new church and am really excited about it.

The stage area has a huge white Christmas tree on it...and about 20 smaller trees with lights and cardinals and fake snow. It was beautiful. There was a huge Christmas star projected onto the back curtain and it was just awesome. During worship the lights were all really low and the Christmas lights were all sparkly. It was a neat first time experience. My mom went to a Methodist church when she was really little...and has said several times how much she misses the Christmas festivities at church. I get it a little bit now.

The minister just started a series called the "Christmas Conspiracy" about how ***** ...and the congregation as a whole has set about celebrating the Savior of the world.

-----------

Addy's class at church studies a new virtue every 4-5 weeks. Of course for Christmas they just started studying the virtue of Peace. Very exciting stuff.

They talked about how if you are full of anger there is no room for peace. Peace is proving you care more about others than winning an argument. They learned to stop-think-and then do. I love her new class.
---------------

Ellie's class is learning the Christmas story...and started this week learning about the birth of Jesus. The first part is where the angel Gabriel comes to Mary and tells her she is going to have a baby. Ellie is very impressed with the paper doll versions of Gabriel and Mary that she colored and brought home. We were talking today about how much God loves us and that's why he sent us Jesus. We put the dolls up on the fridge and Ellie was studying them. Mary has sandals on...and the angel has bare feet.

Ellie: He needs to put on his shoes and socks.

3 comments:

  1. Yay for blogging!!! I'm so glad you are happy and your girls seem to be such dolls! I miss you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. See...I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Christmas season in church! I'm glad you're finally getting to experience some of what I've loved about Christmas my whole life! =)

    My house is all decorated, and my many nativity sets are all over the house.

    Oh, email me that other post if you feel comfortable...I'd love to read it. Colonel probably would, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't...I deleted in instead of keeping it. :) I tried to post it and make the individual post password protected but I couldnt' figure out how.

    ReplyDelete