Thursday, December 27, 2007

the best of xmas 07

My Christmas Highlights:

1. Season One of Gilmore Girls. I'm good. I'm good.

2. Addy's exclaimed over every little thing...saying not "wow" or "cool" or any other typical slang. No no. "That's great."

3. Ellie's fave gift this season was a super cool Diego vest complete with spotting scope, cell phone, and canteen. She only takes it off to sleep...and only then because I make her. She runs around saying, "Do you know what animal that is????"

4. The girls got oodles of new art stuff...and for the most part...all I can hear is the lovely quiet sound of markers against paper.

5. The girls got Neal a tiny little coffee pot to support his new habit. He was delighted with it and spent several minutes cleaning it and getting it all ready for when we returned from our Christmas celebrations.

6. The siblings all got together to play Chicken Foot. There was a lots of grumbling at each other for stolen plays.

7. Addy got one of the coolest gifts ever...which was a "Book of the month Club" gift. Two books are wrapped for each month all the way into April of 2009. Her eyes were really really wide.

8. Neal and his brothers got these awesome helicopters that sort of work like sky dancers. But much better...they got so high and far and fast. And they also fly right into trees and over fences. :) Fun stuff.

9. I was getting Ellie ready for bed. We were in the bathroom finishing up and Ellie says:

Mama...this the best Christmas I had.

5 comments:

  1. Ahh, what a great list! It WAS a great Christmas, even if I lost miserably at Chicken Foot!

    Hey, the new jeans didn't make the list. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did I miss a conversation somewhere??? I don't remember hearing about the book of the month thing- can you explain???

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah...my mom's sister gave Addy a giant box of wrapped books. There are two books in each set...and they have dates on them. She gets to upwrap a set each month. They are the really neat virtue books that tell the history of a famous person...like we for December we got Determination and the story of Helen Keller and Believing in yourself and the story of Louis Pasteur.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I LOVE those books! We had the whole set growing up. I think my parents still have them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read them as a kid too...my aunt had them ... they are so cool. Addy was fairly impressed with the story of Louis Pasteur so...I am hoping we will be adding a lot of them to our Book It list.

    ReplyDelete