Friday, January 11, 2008

Ellie-Jo-Jellie

My little pixie-imp has turned 3.

It's crazy. I can't believe it.

On one hand...I can't believe how fast it has gone...how big she suddenly is...how much of a fun little kid she is turning out to be.

On the other hand...it seems like yesterday we brought her home from the hospital and I was google eyed over the little baby on my bed.

Wow.

Sigh...I don't really have babies anymore. Just little-big kids. Oh...I know...3 and 5...they are just babies...but not brand new babies...or even so little babies...or even toddling around babies. Little-big kid babies.

Amanda: Well...its time for another one.
Me: Yeah well...I'll have to talk to Neal about that.

For now...I will enjoy being the mom of little-big kids. No diapers, no bottles, no having to be constantly monitoring the hand to mouth thing. I have two fun girlies who are big enough to really play together. To giggle together...to tell stories to each other...to ride bikes together. And that my friends...is EXACTLY...why there is an Ellie in the first place. :)

More on the big day and the party later. :)

5 comments:

  1. Did her envelope from us get there yet???

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes...and we were delighted...Ellie kept running around yelling...look at this look at this...

    ...Neal and I were very impressed...

    ...its a very special gift...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad- it was a rough start, but I'll get better at the making gifts thing- I hope... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought it was the neatest gift set. Ellie hasn't put it down yet. It was a really really cool idea. I'm going to use that idea for later.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sniff... sniff...

    All your blog does is make me cry! I miss you :)

    ReplyDelete