Monday, January 14, 2008

loopy

Right now...my two girlies are sitting at a little picnic table. They are eating fruit loops.

Addy: Oh...I ate all my load of food. I need more.
Ellie: I need a purple!
Addy: Scoooop it up....
*at this point I notice she is scooping up one fruit loop at a time onto the point of a sharpened colored pencil.*
Me: Addy...sigh...why don't you flip that pencil over and use the not pointy end?
Addy: They don't fit on the other end. You stick this part in the loop...put it in your mouth...and eat it off. Haven't you ever used a fork like that mom?

I sit here trying to decide whether or not I think this method of eating loops in dangerous in any way. It seems to my mommy instinct...that it is...but I can't quite put my finger on why. It isn't lead...isn't even graphite. They aren't chewing on the pencil. The pencil isn't near their eyes. They are sitting not running. They aren't fighting with the pencils. And aren't forks sharp?

What is wrong with this picture. I can't come up with a good reason to make them stop! Its actually a little creative.

Things like this drive me ... well ... loopy. I think I'll just go do some laundry and leave the creative eaters to it. :)

4 comments:

  1. Did Neal show you the email G sent of the kid who had been running with a fork??? SO as long as they are sitting and being careful- let em be creative eaters! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahahahahhahahahahahahahah yes. totally freaked me out. He made Addy leave the room first before he would show me. That was so crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I kind of want to see the picture. I think. Do I?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why did I ever ask to see the picture?

    ReplyDelete