Thursday, January 31, 2008

Politcal Sparks

The sparks have started flying around here. And it really makes me sad.

So here's my two cents...

1. Each politcal candidate is a person. A human. With opinions, pain, love, family, fears, thoughts, rights, embarrasments, skeletons, sucesses, struggles, and ideals. Just like me. So if I don't want them sitting around judging me or calling me names...I better mind my mouth.

2. Its ok to disagree with someone's plan, policy, thoughts, or decisions. But that does not make it ok to attack someone and spread untrue stories. Name calling does not help. In fact...it makes me sick.

3. You cannot write someone off without hearing what they have to say. You have to really really really listen and then disagree. You can't say, "I don't care to hear there opinions."

4. You have to let other people disagree from you. If your sister doesn't like your canidate...you don't get to rag on her. She has a RIGHT to think how she chooses. It does not make her less of a Christian.

5. Democrats are not demons. Stop calling names. Democrats go to church, and they love Jesus, and do good things too. Stop being so cold toward other parties. If we want congress to work together and ignore the party line...we have to do it in our homes and neighborhoods.

6. Usually...there are many solutions to one problem. It doesn't HAVE to be your solution. Everyone has something good to contribute.

7. Don't critize someone whose job you have never had. You might have bothched it worse. Save the judging until you have actually stood there. Even if you really think you could do it better. You don't know until you live it.

8. Jesus stayed out of politics. He didn't leave us any directions for party lines or voting procedures. We have to do the best we can. Everyone. Whether they vote yes or no about homosexual marriages or sunday alchohol sales.

9. Jesus always preached reconciliation.

10. You can't force morality on anyone by a law. It doesn't work. That's why Jesus just loved people instead.

Now...everyone...PLAY NICE!

3 comments:

  1. I'm not ready to acknowledge the fact that I have to think about politics yet! It's all sooo confusing...and frustrating... and scary...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well...just let me encourage you to think for yourself...and if you hear something about someone that sounds mean...do a little research to see if its true.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like my lovely hubby pointed out, it's not the politics that are scary, it's usually the way all the crazy people act about the politics that is scary: hence Jayme's post. :)

    ReplyDelete