Wednesday, January 30, 2008

but I like purple!

Addy has had some really exciting things going on at school lately. They celebrated Winnie the Pooh's birthday, working on Kansas day celebrations, had a special day for the 100th day of Kingergarten, had a really neat field trip to a care home singing oldie songs like Buffalo Gals.

Fun stuff. She brought home her first homework. They are really working hard on counting to 100 and writing it...and counting by 5s an 10s and...all things 100. She came home with a packet to draw 100 starts, write 100 words, fill in the missing numbers on hearts from 1 - 100, writing the numbers from 1 -100 by 5 and so on. Fun stuff.

Yesterday in the car:

Addy: Mom...tomorrow we have to wear our favorite Kansas team stuff.
Me: Like....K-State or KU?
Addy: No...the wildcats or KU.
Me: Yeah...the Wildcats are K-State.
Addy: We can wear our favorite team colors.
Me: So you are going to wear to Jayhawk stuff right?
Addy: No way...I want to wear purple and white. I like that better.
Me: Uhhh...well I think your family likes KU better.
Addy: So. I like purple. It's pretty.
Me: But we like KU.
Addy: So.

Me: I'm calling Grandpa.
Addy; fine.

Grandpa: Addy, the Jayhawk is a nice nice bird that would never hurt anyone. Wildcats are ugly and mean and would eat you. Jayhawks are so pretty...red and white and blue.
Addy: So.
Grandpa: If you don't like the Jayhawks...you will have to hug me everyday and sit on my lap so I know you still love ME.
Addy: ok.

Me: So ok...I'll get a KU shirt to wear.
Addy: No. I want to wear purple.

Me: I'm calling Papa.
Neal: Oh...well I like K-State.
Me: *click*

Me: Ok...Addy...Sean and Jill and Maddy and Aiden all like KU. We can borrow a shirt from them.
Addy: No. Go Wildcats.
Me: That's it...Addy...KU is so much better...they are undefeated!
Addy: So. I like purple.
Me: Lets go to Sean's.

Sean: EEEEWWW the wildcats are yucky...gross...booooo...hissss...phhhhht.
Addy: *giggles*
Sean: KU is awesome! woot woot woot woot
Maddy: GO KU!
Aiden: Go wildcats ... I mean go jayhawks (he's still learning)
Sean: ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK.
Me: Yeah Addy...KU has a better cheer.
Addy: Ok. Go KU.

awwww the power of peer pressure. She wore an awesome KU jersey to school today. And out the door to school today she turned and grinned and said...ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK!

The music teacher is a K-State fan...she wore a purple wig today. :) ahahahahha

But the principal told Addy what a good choice she had made while crossing the cross walk today. ahahahah I agree.

6 comments:

  1. I don't know about the Gillman's though. I think they secretly like the Sooners. Idiots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should have known better than to loan the jersey to a non-believer!!! Now that we've been cursed, I'll have to perform a purifying dance on that jersey before the "cats" come and get the smiles smacked off their faces in Lawrence!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yeah...I guess you can tell that I finally figured out my blogger password! =)

    Seriously, I think we're going to have to burn that jersey now...but we'll be sure to buy Addy one for her birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just remember this post next year when you are cursing peer pressure... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. From KAKEnews.com -Last Updated: 10:00 PM 01/30/08 - For the first time since 1983, the Kansas State Wildcats have defeated the Kansas Jayhawks in Manhattan.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You could have called Addy's favorite Uncle Colonel...he would have set her straight! =)

    Of course, after last night, maybe Addy knew something we didn't.

    And red, white and blue is WAY better than stinky purple!

    ReplyDelete