Saturday, January 5, 2008

resolution progress

So far...really really good.

I have dutifully cleaned out my linen closet, 2 bathroom drawers, and underneath the downstairs bathroom sink.

I have had very very very little sugar. Only a few fruit snacks and some jelly on a sandwich today.

Addy and I have read 6 books...and Ellie and I have read at least that many.

I have finished my first book for the 888 challenge.

Other good things for today:

The girls and I played two rounds of "Old Maid" today--and we had a great time. I can totally remember playing that game with my grandma over and over and over...and now that I'm the grown up trying to get my girls to understand the rules, not showing your cards, keeping the secret of who has the maid, and how to hold your many cards...I am reminded of what a patient and loving grandma she was.

My contacts also finally came in today. My amazing, kind, giving and shiny husband gave up his lunch hour today to deal with super rude lady at the the optical place to pick them up for me! (I'm pretty sure that was a run on sentence.) I have been wearing my glasses for EVER! I couldn't help but think that I have gotten my face back. And I can see the leaves on the trees across the street. :)

My friend Michelle finally updated her blog on her baby girls first Christmas. This was fun for me...watching her be a mom....she shared a lot of my early mommy moments...and I'm so happy for her. Sadly...its a private blog...so i can't share it with anyone else. And I often want to comment on her blog to tell her how neat I think her baby story is...but I can't...there can be no linking from other readers of her blog to mine. So...this is my shout out to her...I'm so excited about Em's first Christmas and I am so proud of how you are being a mom. :) I miss our friendship.

3 comments:

  1. Wow- you are on top of things! Keep it up! Wish I could say I had made more progress, but not... I did read a liilte while I was soaking in the bathtub this afternoon (which didn't help at all), but that's about all. Oh well, 51 weeks left of 2008! Plenty of time!!! :-) Everybody getting well at your house?

    ReplyDelete
  2. working on it-- i think the tide is shifting toward health. we'll see.

    ReplyDelete