Monday, April 28, 2008

My first Meme

My friend Sean tagged me with this. I decided today was a good day to play. So here goes.

What was I doing ten years ago?

Ten years ago. Hmm. That would be April of 1998. Yikes. I was finishing up my junior year of high school. I was furious with my parents because by this time we had decided to move during the summer from Garden City to the east side of Kansas. I was soooo mad. I missed out on sooo much my senior year...but looking back now...everything I missed out on was worth what I gained. I got to spend a summer living closer to Neal...and I'm sure that was the time that sealed the deal for us. It was a hard summer with my parents...and I don't like looking back on who I was during that time. Moving on.

5 places I have travelled:

1. Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
2. New Orleans, LA
3. Cripple Creek, CO
4. Bakersfield, CA
5. Orlando, FL

I've never been out of the country. Sigh. I guess I need to get out more.

5 snacks or treats I enjoy:

1. Homemade whole wheat soft pretzels
2. Homemade cinnamon raisin bread slathered in butter
3. Wedding cake
4. Jill's cookies
5. Scotcheroos (Peanut butter rice krispy treats covered in butterscotch and chocolate)

What would I do if I were a billionaire?

1. Pay Bills
2. Buy a house
3. Open my parents pool back up
4. Build some safe places for kids to be in the Sudan
5. Make sure that young girls in Africa got feminine hygiene products.

Places I have lived?

Dodge City, KS
Mullinville, KS (My fave)
Haviland, KS
Garden City, KS
Amarillo, TX (hell)
Emporia, KS (hell in a handbasket)
Edmund, OK

Jobs I have had?

Administrative Assistant for the Graduate Department at the University of Central OK
Day care provider (my least fave job ever--I hate daycares after my experiences there)
Sales Associate in small retail stores
Commercial Lines clerk for Insurance Management Associates (IMA)
My current job: Human resources manager (stay at home mom)

People I am tagging:
Jill
Suzeque

3 comments:

  1. Wow- I don't know if my memory goes back that far! (Wishful thinking- I know :-)I'll have to remind myself to come back and look at this when I get off work this afternoon. :-) I do get off early, but have a hair appointment first! But I'll get to it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about a tag for RWR? Oh, thank you, don't mind if I do!

    10 years ago...
    started working where I'm still working, bought a house, got married, went on a cool honeymoon, & bought a cool Honda.

    Places I've travelled...
    Isabel, Manzanillo, Moorea, Mombasa, and Zermatt.

    5 snacks...
    Chocolate chip cookies (when I used to eat sugar), Quizno's sandwiches, diet coke, blue Trident, apples & pecans.

    Billionaire...
    set up kids and nieces / nephews with scholarships, buy a couple of cool cars, buy my favorite college a national championship in football, re-visit all those places I've been.

    Lived...
    Since age 11: Lubbock, Texas and Abilene, Texas. Before that: Longview, Texas, Chicago, IL, Shreveport, LA, Pittsburgh, PA, New Orleans, LA (born there.)

    Jobs...
    paperboy, camera salesman, shoe salesman, library clerk, roofer, framer, delivery driver, french fry cook, lawn mower, computer marketer, substitute teacher, light bulb changer, money lender, building manager, complaint listener, people pleaser, oh there's more.

    I enjoy your blog whenever I can get to it. I also liked seeing the new baby photos. Best wishes from the flatlands... --rwr--

    ReplyDelete