Sunday, April 20, 2008

park brats

The girls and I were at a local park today. Ellie wasn't feeling her best...so I was holding her on my lap in the shade while Addy had a few more minutes to move around. I was sitting next to three teenage girls.

Here is their conversation:

Blond girl: Hey, I talked to Brad about Kelly.
Dark haired girl: Oh yeah...he's so hot.
Plastic green glasses girl: What did he say?
BG: He said that Kelly should know that red hair and freckles and poser clothes do not make you popular.
All the girls: *snorting*
Me: *rolling my eyes*
PGGG: Well...that was ruuuude. (referring to Brad, not me rolling my eyes)

Thoughts on the subject:

1. You couldn't pay me a million dollars to go back and be a teen again.
2. What does make you popular??? I never knew.
3. Oh, girls...adulthood changes everything.
4. Oh my word...Addy is going be a teen in like 8 years. Well...at least she doesn't have red hair and freckles...I sure do. :)

3 comments:

  1. Yeah...I would not EVER want to re-live those years. Ever.

    Um...so does this mean you're back from your bloggy break?! Hope so!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could not pay me enough to go through that agian! And I can't believe I put myself through it again this past year- even for just a couple hours (h.s. reunion). Never again! Glad you're back- how did Stuck trip go??? Will you be going to those events this fall?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew what made you popular, but I didn't have any desire to be that much of a fake. There were other words, too. Christians aren't supposed to be like that.

    I would go back, but only on the condition that I could take the memory of now with me. I would treat people differently, better. I would be a little harder on the slackers and softer on the hecklers.

    Wonder if I would have kept up with any more of those people?

    ReplyDelete