Saturday, April 26, 2008

Zoo Day -- Macaroni Birds

We took advantage of a delicious Saturday and went to the zoo today.

Addy: MOM, it is such the perfect day to be at the zoo. Not to cold...not to hot. It's too bad Papa isn't here for it. (Its is so funny to me when the things that come out of her mouth sound JUST like me.)

30 minutes later Neal called saying he could join us. And both girls ran screeching out of the South America exhibit allll around a walkway when they saw him. I KNOW it made his day.

It was cool outside...so the animals were moving around. So fun. The lion and lioness both were walking around.

Our fave animals to check up on though are the two Scarlett Macaws. They were stolen last year for a while and made the top of Addy's prayer list. They were eventually returned...but we still talk about them from time to time. And we love to talk about them...because their names are Mac and Cheese. Ellie thinks this is so funny.

When we saw a stuffed bird in the gift shop...Ellie said...ooooh...its a macaroni bird!!!!!!!!!

I'm pretty sure this is either Mac or Cheese. I don't know which is which.

5 comments:

  1. Hey- all your new links won't go- think you added an extra http:// on them... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We drove by the zoo yesterday and I thought it looked like a good day to go. You should have called us! Of course, it took us until 2pm to get out of the house w/ both babies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sally...I thought about it. I wasn't sure if you would want to navigate the zoo with two breastfed babies and no super clean diaper changing stations.

    And a fairly recent surgery.

    I hope you are having fun with Jana!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay...I love picturing the girls spotting Neal and running over to him! I'm so glad he got to join you!!

    ReplyDelete