Sunday, April 13, 2008

The itsty bitsty spider

After church this Sunday...our family went to eat at Red Robin. Its pretty fun because there is this amazing guy that goes around to the tables and makes balloon animals for the kiddos. We have had many many creatures and have watched him make things for the kids around us. He even has this twisty balloon thing with small balloons inside that float around for kids who say "I don't know" when he asks what they want.

Today...Ellie sits right down at our table and proclaims,

"I want a SPIDER."

I thought she was being silly...or whatever...but sure enough...at the appearance of the tie-dyed balloon man she announces behind a grin covered with anxious twittering fingers...

"I want a SPIDER!"

And the man delivers. A blue eight legged squiggly spider hanging from a long orange balloon. Ellie was delighted. She hung it on everyone's head...including her own...and would just GIGGLE!

In the car...she was lovingly singing to her spider...

"The itsy bits spider went up the water spout. Down came the rain and washed the spider CLEAN! And the itsy bitsy spider spider spider spider..."

Neal and I were dying laughing.

It also half popped on the way home...but whatever. :)

2 comments:

  1. Too cute! :-) Balloon animals are always fun (until they pop... :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww..so cute. (well, as cute as spiders can be I suppose) I'm so impressed that he could make a spider out of a balloon. I can't even make a balloon out of a balloon. I don't have the lungs to blow the silly things up. Asthma you know... :)

    ReplyDelete