Saturday, April 5, 2008

The Little Major

I have the most precious, most cutest, most sqoosy, most yummy, most cuddly, most wonderful nephew.

I also have the most strong, most brave, most endurance-filled, most sweetest sister in law ever.

I have seen one of the most hard, most long, most tiring roads to delivery ever. (About this time Meshellyn is going..."whatever" but my sight is limited compared to hers.)

I kept thinking about Meshellyn today. I remember her sitting at the foot of my bed while I was in labor with Ellie...and she shook her head and told me "You are doing so good." That made me feel so good...and I still think of her little compliment of courage often. I repeated that often to Sally today hoping it would bring her the same peace and bolstering of courage it did me. Meshellyn...I'm so glad that you were in my life then...and what a blessing you were to me...especially with the bunnies. :)

Anyway...my nephew is amazing. I love him already.

8 comments:

  1. You'll have to love on him for this auntie too- til I can get there to do it myself (maybe Memorial Day weekend- maybe) I sooooo wish I could be there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would have been fun to have you here...although...I'm exhausted...I can only imagine how Sally is feeling. What a ride.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! How wonderful that you got to be there! I feel like crying...out of joy...and out of exhaustion for you all! I always get all weird when someone that I love is in labor. So glad you could be there. (sniff) Can't wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. umm . . . so . . . you need to email me some pics of him!!! i'm waiting on my parents to do it but i have a feeling i'd get them much quicker from YOU!! ;) :) i'm dying to see an actual decent pic!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh...I only have semi good ones on my phone. They don't have internet at the hospital...

    Jana...we have a NEPHEW!!!!!!!!

    You did an awesome job with the updating. I hope you get to come out here soon!!!!!!! I'd love to see those cousins together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure Jana would agree with me in saying that semi-good is better than nothing for the out-of-town aunts!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why is it half the time I read your blog I leave cracking up or sobbing??? I miss you :)

    Congrats on the new baby and to the strong momma!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad you got to be there for her and I'm so jealous you get to see Major! I can't wait to meet him and have our little boys play together!

    ReplyDelete