Tuesday, July 1, 2008

those summer days

Can I tell you a secret??? Good. Summer is my least favorite season. It hasn't always been...but in the past five years...summer has meant "enduring a painful season of life." And the glorious fall usually bring a softer, gentler, easier life. I had plans for this summer...for the summer to be redeemed from its formally painfull state. Those plans went up in smoke...well...not really smoke...more like a tornado.
Anyway..I've been stuggling lately to find some good things to fill the days until the blessed coming of September. The beginning of a release of all thing oppressive. In my mind anyway. So here is a small tribute to my "summer recovery program."
Recover Strategy #1:
Spend Lots of Time at the Pool



Recovery Strategy #2:
Catch Frogs--These pictures are hard to see. I wasn't about to take the 6 peeing frongs inside to get a better picture. We can catch so many frogs just walking around our apartments. My girlie girls and I love this...which is crazy since none of us would dare touch one.


Recovery Strategy #3:
Paint. Even at night in the dark...even if it gets on the sidewalk. Oops.



Recovery Strategy #4
Eat lots of ice cream. With Grandpa.



Recovery Strategy #5
Make a fun new project (for the Hamm Bash--more on that later) BURPIES!





Recovery Strategy #6
Love on Lil Major --tilt your head...I couldn't get it to flip.

Recovery Strategy #7
Play Ball (Addy is #1)


Recovery Stategy #8
Visit with old friends (Meshellyn and her baby Em)


8 comments:

  1. sounds like a pretty good summer to me! =) love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Looks like you are making the best of the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there. I wandered across your blog today and read about your sadness this summer. I just wanted to offer you big hugs and prayers from a stranger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the fabrics! too fun. glad you are able to do some things that bring a little bit of joy to your life, even in the pain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am going to a family bash this 4th too. Ours isn't near so big or so organized. But... we are going to have at least 21 people, probably more, plus friends.

    I think you have excellent strategies to chase away the doldrums.

    I am going to have to get you to add one more... hanging out with new friends... ME! (I have to get up there)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now those look like fantastic strategies! You go!!

    I need to think up a few strategies of my own, I'm afraid! I like the ice cream one - maybe we'll do that a LOT! :-)

    Oh, and I LOVE the burpies! Do tell us more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those burpies are cute! I love hearing about what you make for the auction, you're always so creative! Please do tell about all of the fun things that people made this year and more about your burpies too. Love the photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi again :) Thanks for recommending Kung Fu Panda! I can't wait to take my little one to it. He LOVES when animals do silly things so it'll be perfect. I should have done it the first time but he usually watches Pixar at home so I just figured...

    Happy Independence Day!

    ReplyDelete