Monday, July 7, 2008

The Hamm Bash 2008

What is the Hamm Bash you say??? Well...it's a family reunion plus. Every year around the Fourth of July is the Bash. And it IS a reunion...but just more fun than a typical gathering.

Neal's mom Millie came from a family of 9.
Richard-76
Rosalee
Robert
Caroline --She died of cancer in 2002. Ellie has her name for a middle name.
Clifford --He drowned when Millie was in high school. I'm sad I didn't know him.
Howard
Millie
Janet
John-58

And they allll have kids who have kids who have babies. The Hamm family is huge. And I think they are cream of the crop kind of people. And since we meet at least once a year...we all know each other pretty well. And each year I know more of them more and more and better. I am very proud of this family I am in...and I love them all soooo very much.

So...when this many people get together...you can't just sit around and look at each other...you have to DO something. And I have been to 12 of these Bashes...and each time I go I love it more than the last. They are all a little different...but in general...they have the same format. Here is a general rundown of the weekend...with more specific details to follow.

This year:
Thursday--We met for a hot dog cookout and then we all headed to a super fun amazing Kiddie Park.
Friday--In the morning the boys went golfing and the girls met to scrapbook and make cards. There were movies projected for the kiddos. (Also there was a super cool play area Ellie hardly left.) There was some ping pong going on (I totally beat The Kernel and I played the RWR but only won like once). We had a yummy sandwich lunch and then played games and did more cards and then had a yummy dinner. There was also some ping pong going on. There was homemade ice cream out the WaZoo. Friday evening there was some videos shown. Then there was family worship. Then out to view fireworks.
Sat--A yummy pancake breakfast was followed up with a family meeting. Next came my favorite part. THE AUCTION!!!!!!!!! Everyone makes and brings things and usually a real live auctioneer (Go John!) auctions off the stuff. This year he missed out for something more important. I forgive him. :) Then all the kids line up to whack at a homemade pinata that just rocks. And we ended with another yummy lunch.

There is lots of visiting, teasing, laughing, crying, hugging, and loving. I wouldn't trade this family for a million dollars.

2 comments:

  1. We should have a Hamm Bash every month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you left out the wii and all the injuries! =)

    ReplyDelete