Monday, June 16, 2008

for Laura



This is Lalita Tademy. She wrote this AMAZING book called Cane River. It details the story of 4 generations of black women (in her own family) living in Lousiana during slavery. She did some AMAZING research and did an amazing job of piecing together the lives of these women. These women were her women and her family and her blood. Amazing stories. I didn't want to let go of the book when I handed it back to Neal to return to the library.

And since Laura seems to have a deeply rooted need to see pictures of the authors I read...I have included her picture.

I am continuing on in my 888 challenge...I have finished several books not included here. I will finish my list in honor of Kim...who was in the middle of her own 888 challenge...and I pulled two books she was working on out of a tree in the field.

I cannot finish the one I was reading when she died...more about that another time.

1 comment:

  1. Yea!!!!! You are SO FUNNY!! And you have no idea how refreshing it is to see this (not the picture part...the Jayme relaxed and being funny part) (Oh, but don't think I don't love the picture and the fact that this post is dedicated to me.) (Because I love it and you know it.)

    I'm grateful to see that this author is much less scary looking than many of the others you posted for me in the past.

    What in the world started this anyway? I can't remember.

    Oh yeah, I asked to see a picture of your new hair cut and it sounded like I was asking for a picture of your author. Oh, I remember laughing my TAIL off at that.

    Oh, you are funnnnnny. :) (I'm laughing all over again at the memory.) Can't stop laughing....

    ReplyDelete