Monday, June 9, 2008

Addy's Birthday Pt. 1

In the midst of all the craziness and ickiness of the last few weeks...Addy turned 6 on Saturday.

(How can THAT be???? She should be about 3...and Ellie should still be a baby!)

I thought I would never be able to pull off a party...but I did.

Addy chose to dress up as movie stars and take a few friends to the new movie "Kung Fu Panda." (Which I thought was a wonderful movie and is one of my new fave movies. I'll buy it when it comes out.) Then we came back from the theater and had cake and ice cream. It was such a fun day...and I think Addy had a blast and seemed to really enjoy seeing her friends!

Here is Addy in her "Movie Star" outfit...complete with what we call "hairbops."



And of course Ellie wanted in on the fun!

And my mom being the amazing mom she is made THIS awesomely cool cake. She used to make these panda cakes for me when I was a kid...but took the time and effort to give this panda some really cool Kung Fu pants. How fun is that! The kids loved it!!!!


Here is Addy and her buddy Maddy. Aren't they cute!

And here is Maddy, Addy, and "The Boy." He is "just a friend" as I've been told over and over...but I think they are really good friends. He gave Addy a super special birthday bear from Build-a-bear that he picked out and built himself. He is a really good kid. :)

Here is a fun picture of everyone after seeing "Kung Fu Panda" with Wall-E.

After the super fun party at our house...we drove over to Sally's for a family dinner. Stay tuned for Pt. 2. :)

5 comments:

  1. Great pictures. And what a fun day!! You did a great job!

    Love Ya!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the hairbops! And if I hadn't chopped my hair today, I'd be trying to get MY hair to do it. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. your girls are absolutely as adorable as adorable can be in their little get-ups! Happy Birthday Addy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, how totally fun and sweet! I've only done one birthday party for a girl so far, but I look forward to lots of dress-up, girly kind of birthday parties, and I WISH Martha had hair so we could do hairbops!! (She will get hair, right?!?)

    Happy birthday Addy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't remember that Addy's birthday was right before Asa's! Guess we were both partying all weekend! (But my party was less glamorous than yours was.) (And more stinky.) Looks like a great time! LOVE the cake.

    Great job pulling off a party and giving Addy a great memory!

    ReplyDelete