Sunday, June 1, 2008

2 sad things for today

1. Today would have been Gary's 34 birthday. I have his card sitting here with me. Its going into the "Gary and Kim" box I am making. Along with a red door handle I pulled out of tree, one of Kim's sweaters, her nail file I found on the floor of the passenger side seat, a baggy of wheat from the field that I pulled out of Little Major's onsies, a "Blue Day" book she gave me, and other things.

2. There won't ever be any more of Kim's comments on my blog. And even though I know they are gone, and I really stopped expecting them to walk up, and I really feel the finality of their death...I still look a little for her comments and jokes on my posts. Oh...it just hurts. I miss her.

6 comments:

  1. I pulled out Kim's Christmas gift today. I'm not quite sure what to do with it. Keep it for myself? Give it to her mom? Give it to someone else?

    We're going to have days like this where everything around us is a reminds us of them...and that they're not here. Just hang in there...they're in a much better place, and we WILL see them again.

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, check out this post on Beth Moore's blog today...pretty fitting for what our last week was like.

    http://livingproofministries.blogspot.com/2008/06/why-do-you-worry.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim was so good at giving! I also have a blue day book that she gave me! I also have their anniversary card that I forgot to give to them when we had lunch a few weeks ago! I too keep waiting for her to post something or make a comment on my blog. She was my faithful audience. Poor Gary would have gotten teased today; he was the oldest in our group of friends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't stand that she's not leaving comments anymore. And I can't stand it that I can't read her blog anymore. I go check her blog anyway. I know that's silly. The couch in her header that I think is so pretty just looks so empty now, like no one's home. I miss her so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm sad for you that you are missing Kim's comments:( how hard. your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete