Sunday, March 30, 2008

I was so totally a child of the 80's.

For those of you about to turn 30...here is a walk down memory lane.

I loved loved loved Rainbow Brite. I had the doll...and I think my fourth b-day party was R.B. Ahhhh...the memories.

I loved to watch Zoobilee Zoo when I was small. I specifically remember having the flu in Kindergarten and watching this at home.

Who could resist these cuddly and cute Wuzzles? Everyone loves a Bumbleroo.

Didn't everyone have some action figures with the Thundercats???

Ah...the Snorks. Or Snorkels.

The Shirt Tales was like my very very very favorite show. I loved it.

I confess. I TOTALLY wanted to be She-Ra. Totally.

I'm pretty sure this came on right after Shirt Tales. The Raccoons.

Gummi Bears. I think I had a puzzle too.

Neal was making fun of this show. It's called The Get Along Gang. And I think people now talk about how bad it was for kids, because it taught them to go with the crowd. Whatever...I totally loved it. And it only aired for one season.

And don't forget Pound Puppies, Punky Brewster, and JEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The picture uploader thingy quit working for me...but I totally have a picture of JEM on my computer now. :)

Ah...loved the 80's.

7 comments:

  1. I loved those shows, but sadly I haven't heard or don't remember a handful of them. My alltime favorite was a show called "Today's Special" it was on Nick and about a Mannequin and his friends that lived in a department store. I've searched online for tapes of these old time shows to buy when my little one is older! Sometimes I glance at the stuff on today and it makes me cringe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wait, weren't you BORN in the 80's??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally remember all of them! What a blast from the past! :-) But what's with the "about to turn 30" crack??? You are still father away from 30 than me! And I feel very old today... and I don't even have kids!!! Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was born in the 80's...but still...most of my childhood was in the 80's...my teens were in the 90's. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. And I dunno Meshellyn...some stuff now is really cool too. Dora and Diego are really fun...and Blue's Clues. And the BackYardigans. There are lots of Super hero stuff that is fun...and some of the shows for kids a little older are cool too...like Hannah Montana and I think Drake and Josh is really cute. All the Barbie movies now are excellent I think. High School Musical turned out really good. Its not all bad. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, the memories...

    I have to admit though...Zoobilee Zoo freaked me out a little...

    Oh, but Shirt Tales...loved 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Wuzzles!! I loved them. I was just thinking the other day about Mr. Rogers. Now that I have kids I was missing him. I know crazy!! Was all that stuff really from the 80's? Wow I'm getting old!

    ReplyDelete