Sunday, March 2, 2008

A and E Home Theater Productions

The big Stuck in the Middle Event is coming up this next week. I have been a little busy getting ready for the big event. Nothing compared to what Jill and Sean have been doing, but I try to help as much I can when I think I have something to offer. I have been spending extra time at the Stuck Office...and less time at home this past week.

So tonight, it was special love on the fam time. We had just gotten some netflix movies I thought we would be able to watch as a family...but we often watch movies togther. So I thought we could make it more special by creating the "A & E Home Theater."

Addy and I worked up a sign for the front door for Papa to see when he got home from work.

Now Showing:
Stardust
&
Hairspray
A Double Feature
7:30
Admission: $2.00

This meant of course we had to make a bunch of our own paper pretend money. Ellie helped me stick foam stickers on paper rectangles. We had 1, 2, 3, 5, & 6 dollar bills.

We made a "Ticket Booth," complete with A&E movie tickets for "screen one" (we only have one tv). Addy worked the ticket booth. She wore a princess crown and a pocketed apron to collect the dollars.

We also set a up a concession area. There was a fun sign that which had precious little pictures of everything offered at the stand.

Homemade Whole Wheat Soft Pretzles with Cheese: $5
Multi-Grain Chips with Cheese: $1
Natural Popcorn with Butter: $6
Drinks: $3
Candy (twizzlers, milkduds, junior mints, and reeses pieces): $1 a box

Can you tell who did the pricing? I got to run the stand. And I was a stickler for correct change and repeat visits to the stand. :) The nachos and pretzles were even served in the little red baskets you might get at a burger joint with mini cups for cheese.

Addy thought this was so fun. Even though she got bored with the movie and we only saw a small part of the double feature. Before Neal made it home she keep yelling..."PLACES! PLACES EVERYONE!"

On the downside...I feel kinda yucky for eating so much cheese and sugar...can't wait to get my healthy eating back on track. I had one too many twizzlers. :)

5 comments:

  1. How fun! :-) I can only pray that I'll be that imaginative with my kids... You are a GREAT mom! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness...Are you the BEST MOM EVER?! How FUN! Next time you have a theater in your house, I want to be invited...

    Oh, and can I borrow a 6 dollar bill please?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an exciting weekend those girls had! Movie theater, cold stone ice cream, crawling through the doggie door, playing "poopy" with Uncle Colonel...oh, to be a kid again.

    I'm glad you got some good family time, I was a little worried about how you were going to do being away from them so much over the next couple weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so creative! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds fun. I loved Stardust!

    ReplyDelete