Monday, February 18, 2008

death by beheading



This is my butler. He was my graduation present and I wanted him more than anything else. I loved him at first sight through the Bombay Company window. His name at our house is "Little Matt." He is named after our friend Matt...Addy's call. Neal spent most of our marraige destesting the thing. But not tonight. It was revealed that Little Matt had grown in Neal's heart. Little Matt has died tonight. Addy had wrapped the vacuum cord around his body to play some imaginary adventure game.

Me: Hey...don't pull too hard on that cord...he will fall over and break.
Addy: Ok. (procedes to be careful)
That Little Voice in my Head: You should make her take that cord off. Alert Alert Alert Disaster is Coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ran upstairs to check on Neal.

Addy: No Ellie don't pull on that! ****SHRIEEEEEEEEEEEEEK******** NO ELLIE!!!!

There is a crash and a thud. I rolled my eyes and took a deep breath.

Addy: nooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo IT BROKE!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The tears were streaming down her red little face and she was totally hysterical.

It was not...a..."I broke it and I'm sad cry". It was a "I broke and my mom is never ever going to love me ever again scream." When I looked at my poor butler his head was laying a few inches from his body. Poor Little Matt.

I of course wrapped her up and told her it was my fault for not asking her to take off the cord and I know it was an accident and it was ok. Annnnd...after further investigation I think we can glue his head back IN and it will ok. Sort of a Nearly Headless Nick thing going on.

What a sad sad day.

5 comments:

  1. well...that picture is not a picture of my EXACT butler...but one I found on line of the exact same item sold by bombay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well now of course, I just really can't stand the thought that anyone named Matt would have his head fall off. How very, very sad. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great mom you are to comfort first. That would have been hard for me. =) I hope his head goes back on nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very sad. I really hope his head will stay put when you glue it--it just wouldn't be the same at your house without Nick...er...Little Matt.

    Hey! I blogged today! Can you believe it!!! I finally figured out my password!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete