Thursday, February 14, 2008

the big V

Ok...so. How can I make Valentine's a special time...without spending money we don't have to spend. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

ah-HAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Heavenly Homemakers to the rescue. And for all those moms out there...if you haven't yet found this amazing resource...you need to. Really. Dig around on the website and find all the fun fun fun little goodies for your kids.

For example...This morning Addy came down the "candy lined" stairs to find fun notes stuck up all over our house that were made from fun downloadable images. Like...one note said U R A Star...but the letters are all cute and cuddly and the star was a picture. You can find these fun letters and graphics at the HH site. I printed them out and cut them out and all over the stairs, kitchen, doors, mirrors, even the dishwasher were fun messages. Cost: Freeeeeee. And then I had printed out a puzzle I downloaded from the HH website that was so cute. A little elephant with hearts allll over and it said, "I love you to pieces." I downloaded it...printed it...colored it a little...cut it out...and "VOILA" fun valentines for the girls. Addy went crazy over it. Cost: Freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

I had gotten up early and made chocolate muffins for Addy...which was good because at 7AM my phone rang and a friend needed emergency help with day care. GULP! What will I do with an extra 2 and 4 year old all morning. Well...I'll tell you. We pulled up the good ol' Heavenly Homemakers website and pulled up the yummy homemade soft pretzel recipe and we make them together. Cost of an amazing healthy fun recipe with step by step directions in pictures: Freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

And you would think it doesn't get any better than free...except it does...because Laura with HH (who happens to be my stunningly witty cousin) has allll sorts of fun things to read and play with and stuff...but she has also taken her amazing talents and written several little e-books about her experiences in her kitchen with 4 boys who are always hungry and her determination to keep them all healthy eaters. She has these books for sale in her website shop...which is so fun because everything is so reasonable. And worth every penny. Like...I have her "Totally Tortillas" book...and let me tell you...my life is changed. (There are lots of other cool things in her shop too...like cooking kits for kids, prayer journals, card kits, and more of those fun valentine puzzles I mentioned.)

We also had a coupon for Cold Stone...so we went there after my friends girls got picked up and I made Fettucine Alfredo for dinner. I also got to go to Addy's V-Day party at school. That was pretty fun because she was one of two student teachers for the day. :) It was a pretty fun laid back day...and thanks to Laura...it was pretty fun for ALL the little girls in my house today.

Happy Valentines Day everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I found some cool printables (on another website) that I used for G's "gift" the only thing I had to buy was a couple dollars worth of candy 9including those very hard to find red hots! :-) I'll post tomorrow all about our evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't you just the nicest thing in the world!! I'm soooo glad you had so much fun with all my free stuff! I sure had fun coming up with it all!

    ReplyDelete