Sunday, May 4, 2008

my crazy neighbor


Ok. So. Sunday morning is my LEAST favorite time of the week. I like it even less than the crazy 10 minutes it takes me to drive Addy and Ellie home from school each day. (Hungry 5 year old free of school with 3 year old who is jealous of the after school attention---its just hell...everyday) Everyone is cranky from playing hard on Saturday...everyone is mad they are up early...half time time there is no coke from the fun Saturday...everyone has to be dressed and clean... --its better than when I had to dress up...but still.

Neal and were bickering this morning over whose fault it was we were running behind...whatever. He opens the front door to get the kids in the car and there is a stunned look on his face, but all he says is...

"Jayme. Go look outside."

And what do I see...all grumbly and cranky. A shopping cart. Yup. A full size -- gaudy all metal and yellow from Dillons -- CART. And on it ... is a note. And it totally erased my morning grumpies.

For Jayme

A gift for the future...just in case!

Love,

Jayme (from the future)

Well...if you have read The Road you know its like a basic survival item. Heads up people...I have spoken to myself...and the climate crisis is real!!!!!! Back up Al...I'm here to tell it all!!!!!!!!

Actually...the truth is I live by a dork who brings the carts home. Her name is Jill. And I live by a goober...whose mind is full of evil. Mostly funny evil...but still...the depths know no end. And I LOVE them. You can read about the cart evilness here.

And the note...which I am still giggling over...is taped to fridge. I giggled all the way to dillons to return said cart...because I don't have a garage to keep it in...or I would. Just in case. :) And you can't just have a huge cart in your doorway. Its silly.

4 comments:

  1. That is too funny! They gave you a free grill, and you took it back?!?!?!?!

    It is nice to have good friends close by when they think of evilness. Better that they share it with you, than really aim it at you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good that you have friends around like that! To make you laugh and pull pranks. :-) And now I am just about curious enough to go find that book... :-)

    ReplyDelete