Sunday, May 25, 2008

I praise you Lord, for being a God who binds up the Broken Hearted ***Updated...a little***


...because I am Brokenhearted. I lost my sister and brother-in-law. And frankly, I want them back.

Kim (Suezque) and Gary were traveling home to see us. They were coming to love on the Little Major and love on us...and they were so excited to come see us. We had a sister lunch all planned. But it was storming, and when they pulled over to wait out the wind and rain, a tornado picked up their car and threw it into a field. They were killed. And my life changed forever in that moment. And I hate it.

It makes no sense to me...and I am pitted in a battle in my mind between acceptance and denial. The new truths of the situation keep exploding in my mind...I will miss them. I will miss them.

You can read about the story here. And yes, two people I loved very much were in THAT car that really isn't a car. And my precious sister in law was bringing things for the Little Major. No wonder they were looking for a baby. We had to tell them that.

They were the best. And they loved each other...and loved being married. I feel blessed they went together...and I am believing they were HOME before that car ever looked like that. And I am believing that God walked with them through the shadow of the valley of death...and I believe he IS merciful. And I know he will bind up our broken hearts.

I wanted to add a link to this article because its the most accurate and I cried and cried when I read it because it says they had their seat belts on. They were so careful -- anyway. Kim's parents rescued some of Little Major's gifts from the wreckage today. I'm so glad. I want my family back.

10 comments:

  1. Jayme, I left Sally a note on her blog last night, and I wanted to leave you one too. You all are in my thoughts and prayers, and our congregation here in Las Vegas is praying for both families too. May God grant you comfort and peace and continue to help you through this horrific time. I'm so, so sorry... it's a classic case of NOT FAIR, and it stinks. (Well, that's not the first word my mind thought of, but I'll keep it PG).

    God bless you all...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for you and your family. I'm sorry that you are hurting. I love you! I'm praying for you and the family during this hard time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jayme I am so sad for all of you. I cried and cried when mom told me because I knew they were excited to see you all and the baby.

    Please give Millie and Wayland a hug for me. My heart breaks for them.

    Your family is in our prayers and prayers at church.

    The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Jayme, I am so, so sorry you are having to endure something like this. I will say a prayer for your families and hope that you will be comforted with time. This is so unfortunate and I just can not believe that it has happened. I know you loved them so much and will miss them deeply. I'm sure though by ready your Thursday 13 about her a couple of weeks ago your SIL knows how much you loved her and you will have wonderful memories to cherish forever.

    This is just so terribly sad and I'm sorry.

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Jayme...its LeighAnn Heil. I am Sean's sister....(Sapphires other sister in law.) I read your comments about your sister in laws and just sat here and cried and cried. I lost my sister in law, Kari, 2 years ago in another terrible tragic way (she was 29). Nothing to say, nothing to do.
    Know that I understand uniquely how you are feeling. It does stink and I hate it for you. The best thing is that people are praying praying praying..and we wont stop.

    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jayme I know this is a hard time, I keep asking WHY. I know how happy they were and how excited they were to see the family, but especially the baby! I am going to miss my friends so much! I can't even imagine how you guys feel! Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jayme, I am a friend of Jill's and wanted to extend my sympathies to you. I had heard of this sad story, even before I knew it involved someone Jill knew. My heart goes out to your whole family. I'll be praying for you. That's really HARD, and I know you're all heartbroken right now. May God comfort you as only HE can.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jayme, For some reason I didn't realize you blogged but discovered you in sifting through all the sadness of Sally's blog. I'm so devastated for your family. Your words here are beautiful and vulnerable and touching. Thank you for sharing your heart. Another day, I want to search through your blog. For now I have to get it together and stop crying. Kim seemed amazing. Her blog so revealing of her faith and intimacy with Jesus. I am grateful you all have the confidence of knowing she and Gary are home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jayme, I just wanted to tell you I'm thinking about you all today. I wish I could be there to give you a hug.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Miss you. So good to see you. Praying for you. Love you.

    ReplyDelete