Friday, May 30, 2008

Life Lessons Learned #2

5 Minutes. That's all it takes for something to change your life. 5 minutes can make someones day, comfort someone, hurt someone, forgive someone. The possibilites are endless.

5 minutes after I heard that Kim and Gary had died...I called Laura...and had help holding my grief.

5 minutes later I stood in a gas station I'm sure my face full of despiar. "Have a nice day" said the lady behind the counter. With a ring in her voice that said..."You look rude." In that specific 5 minutes I realized how much it matter to treat everyone with kindness and softness because we can't judge whats in their life.

5 minutes later I forgave somethings that had been done to me. There aren't enough 5minutes in this life to hold on to them.

5 minutes later in my heart I hit my knees and begged the Lord to forgive me...and walk with me the rest of MY five minutes in a way that I had never done so far.

5 minutes later I was having a hard time holding up my head...thinking of how fragile life is...softer words...softer judgements...softer attitude...softer heart. Softer living. So important. I didn't know. I didn't know.

I know now...about 5 minutes.



And Ellie and I spent 5 minutes giggling over the animal pictures in this video. 5 minutes well spent.

7 comments:

  1. I love this post. You are so right. Just five minutes makes such a difference in so many ways. I love how you shared this...and am challenged by it. I want to NOT WASTE ANY five minutes of my time ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, even though it's nine 5-minutes to drive between our houses, let's try to do it more often, ok??

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto to Laura - you've challenged me today. I know that I'm OFTEN wasteful and I don't use my minutes wisely. Thanks for the reminder to think about what I'm doing and how what I do and say and decide can make a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my. Wow! Hey, that's my DAUGHTER who wrote these really cool/neat/thought provoking/wise/wonderful/challanging posts. I'm proud of you. You're amazing. And I love you!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep holding on girl, I am lifting you up right now. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i often think about how important it is to be nice to a stranger because you never know what trials they are facing. thanks so much for the reminder.

    do you mind if i add you to my links as cloud factory?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Davi-girl...

    add away. :) I'm touched. (Oh and can I add you to mine...yes...good...cause I already did. ahahha )

    ReplyDelete