Wednesday, November 7, 2007

oodles of noodes

My sister-in-law is pregnant with her first baby. Every once in a while she will ask me what I am up to ... if I have been busy...and seems a little skeptical when I tell her that "just" taking care of the girls is enough to keep me swamped. I let it slide though...because I know she has "those days" coming. :) And I totally mean that in the most "I'm so excited she is having a baby" kind of way. :)

Today...there was this huge crash. I THOUGHT my sweet innocent Ellie was in the bathroom...where mind you

...yesterday I found her painting her toe nail a delicious color of chocolate brown with real fingernail polish. It was alllll over the bathroom. My house still has a lingering odor of polish remover...

anyway...no Ellie there. I made the short dash to the kitchen to find her ankle deep in chicken noodle soup. I had stuck a lidless pot of the stuff in there after lunch hoping to use it again. Of course she dropped it right in front of the fridge...and well ... guess where the noodly gooeyness ran??? UNDER the fridge. I did my best to scoop out the noodles with a measuring stick...but really...Neal will get to move the fridge tonight.

Me: Oh, Ellie.
Ellie: *remember...she's 2* (Looking rather embarrassed) I didn't mean to ... and stuff.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not skeptical...just sad that we can't see each other more often...I miss you guys! And I feel like that shouldn't happen when we live SO much closer than we used to!

    ReplyDelete