Thursday, November 8, 2007

Nervous Breakdown...

I am having a nervous breakdown.

Well...at least a nervous system breakdown. I visited a chiropractor today...who performed super cool scan things...that shows the conditions of your nerve activity in your spine. It tests 3 parts of the nerves. The parts that control your muscle movement, organ function, and the other escapes me at the moment. Anyway...each area is rated on a chart in color of damage.

White = normal
Yellow = weak function
Green = Milk damage
Blue = moderate damage
Red = Severe damage

I have a considerable amount of red showing up in my charts...but I also have some black parts. Black represents readings that are off the chart and means care for your spine is urgent and needs to be treated ASAP and even daily. There are two areas in my chart reading black...and a whole great big bunch of black too.

The specific nerve roots where I have the most damage have possible symptoms of...migraines and headaches (suffering from those), allergies and sinus problems (sneezy city over here), stiff neck (I haven't been able to adequately look over my shoulder in the car while driving for awhile), fatigue (I've been wondering what was wrong with me), and bum, bum, bummmmm...ASTHMA! No wonder I feel crappy. I have gone through a ridiculous amount of albuterol lately...and to really keep up with my Advair. And I've been feeling nervous about inhaling a steroid everyday.

My next appointment is on Monday...and this amazing chiropractor is really working with me and my insurance to get me treated without breaking the bank. I'm hoping for 10-12 sessions and then a new scan showing improvement.

I feel much better today after the treatments...though I also think my muscles are tired from being worked over. I can already turn my neck so much more.

I am feeling inspired to take better care of myself. Maybe...I'll go drink some water. Well...maybe after a coke. :)

1 comment: