Friday, November 9, 2007

For my sister sue

I think we may be approaching a year since I said I'd get you this. I can't remember when you asked for it...last holiday season...or back in March maybe. Either way...too long. Here it is...

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins

2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
1 3/4 cups packed brown sugar -- I think you could use a splenda blend
1/2 cup baking cocoa
1 1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 egg whites
1 egg
2 cups unsweetened applesauce
1 3/4 cups fat free milk
2 tbsp olive oil
2 1/2 tsps vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups semi sweet choc chips

Combine the flours, sugar, cocoa, salt, baking powder and soda in a large bowl. In another bowl combine whites, egg, applesauce, milk, oil, and vanilla. Still into dry stuff until moistened. Fold in chips. Coat muffin cups with spray..fill 3/4 full...bake 350 for 18-20 minutes. :)

I really do love you. :)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you! I wish I was feeling well enough to make them, since I'm going home early from work, but think I'm headed to Pueblo to see the doctor, the peanut butter cups didn't help. :-( Think I may have bronchitis...
    I'm so glad you are back! I Love you too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Btw- did I mention that I miss you guys?!?! Can't wait for Christmas to get here to see you all! :-)Love ya!

    ReplyDelete