Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Lightning Reaction

My husband is caring, compassionate, funny, kind, brilliant...usually. The most upset I have ever been at him is for losing his wedding ring.

The next amount of upset occurred about 9:30 last night.

My husband has a evil side. Ever heard of a little "game" called "Lightning Reaction?" Also evil.

Neal has been saying...hey...our friend has this really really awesome game I want to play with you. Last night he decided to go find it to play with me. If I wasn't so crazy about our friends the Meade's...I would hate him.

So...Neal found it last night and brought it over to "play" with me.

Neal: Here, Jayme, (all innocent) take this handle and when the light in the middle flashes green...push this button. Try to beat me.
Jayme: (thinking it was a fun game like that game where the lights flash and you hit the light...like speed pattern game) Ok.

What happened next will shock you.

Actually...me...shocked me. Because if you don't hit your button first when the evil little red light turns green...you get SHOCKED!!!!!!!!!!!

It-freakin-hurt.

I yelled and hit and kicked at Neal for being such a scum bag to his lovely wife and busted outside...where I ran into my neighbor...who had seen Neal carry it in.

Amy: Oh...did you get shocked?
Jayme: Yes!!!! The big jerk shocked me. He didn't tell me what kind of a "game" we were playing.
Amy: Yeah...my brother has one of those. Hurts huh? *Then she cracks up*

Neal came outside giggling to apologize. (yeah right)
Neal: I'm sorry....I've never seen such a violent reaction...I thought you would think it was funny.
Jayme: Jerk-WAD!!!!!!!!!!!!

My hand hurt the rest of the evening...and since Neal and I have had many many many conversations like this.

Jayme: *glaring*
Neal: Honey...I'm really sorry. I played it with lots of people at the Youth Specialties conference...everyone thought it was funny.
Jayme: Did you play with girls?
Neal: YES...they thought it was funny.
Jayme: Well...then they are all crazy.
Neal: I didn't think it would hurt you.
Jayme: You don't know me at all.
Neal: Ok...no taste in music, movies, and no sense of humor. Got it.

Crazy evil little contraption. My friend Sean is planning on taking it to the big Stuck in the Middle event...http://stuckinthemiddle.com...I think he is crazy.

Neal wants to take it to work to use for a group/team building experience. I also think he is crazy.

Must be a man thing.

Jayme: Neal...would Jesus use that contraption?
Neal: *snorting into his coke* That's a non-point since the technology we have today...
Jayme: Shut-up...don't cop out.
Neal: Well..........he probably would tell people before he played it with them.
Jayme: Whatever.
Neal: Well...Jesus had a sense of humor unlike other people at this table.

2 comments:

  1. I would have been mad, too...and B always tells me that I have no sense of humor...whatever...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jesus' sense of humor was not based on hurting others.

    I think I would have hit the button. This time, it would have shocked HIM. THAT might have been funny.

    ReplyDelete