Tuesday, November 6, 2007

foggy windows

I am in love with fall...oh I know...everyone loves fall. It has great stuff. Leaves, football, cooler-weather, sweaters...but I love EVERYTHING about fall. And one puff of perfect cloud moment for me today was when I was cooking up a yummy turkey casserole and my kitchen window fogged all up because it was warmer inside my house that out. That was a delightful moment me. And it was such a moment so long in coming...it is November before it really got cold this year.

The girls and I ran next door to the grocery store to pick up some cheese and coke...(my life blood...cheese and coke) and it was really fun to watch Ellie jump to reach the holiday decorations...and the entryway was filled with things for holiday dinners. It almost made me want to eat a piece of pumpkin pie. Except I hate pumpkin...but it was a great ideal thought. :)

Smaller moments like these almost make up for the fact there hasn't been much change in the leaves this year. I heard some news bit about the trees didn't have enough moister and cooler weather to capture that certain color changing chemical in the leaves...sad stuff. But the Thanksgiving aisle at the grocery store was a balm for a broken heart.

I love fall.

2 comments:

  1. I'm soooooooo glad you are back! Yea!!! :-) Fall is my favorite time too (except for that getting colder thing- I freeze when it gets below 60!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, this is a TOTALLY different blog than the one you started in January, and I didn't know it!! I've been checking the other one! I'm here now though.

    ReplyDelete