Wednesday, August 13, 2008

My Fabulous First Grader

School starts today!!!!!!


Addy: (this morning as we are getting ready) Yesterday, I was nervous, but today I am just exCITED!!!!!!!!!!

And she was so totally giddy.

I'm pretty excited about this year too. I got the teacher I requested, fall is coming, Addy will be learning and doing such awesome things -- its alll good. And while she doesn't get to be in the same class as her buddy Tristan...he was waving and glad to see her. And she gets to be in a class with some of my friends kids...so its alll good. :)

Here are some of her super cheap or re-used supplies that we "sparkled" up for the new year.



And here is her fabulous outfit and backpack which she totally picked up on her own.



And here are the fabulous cinnamon rolls I got up at 4AM to make. Her big eyes and smile when she saw them were totally worth it. :) (That's a caramel ooey gooey icing in the middle) Laura made a fabulous suggestion to use the whole wheat soft pretzel dough recipe as the dough for these...FABULOUS!


And the must have pic with the school sign:

And the picture of the "enough already mom" face:

9 comments:

  1. i love hannah montana. i admit it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First grade!! Already?? She looks so cute with her 1980's leggings on (will EVERYTHING make a come back at some time??) and polka dots.

    Are all the colds gone now?

    I was up at 4am today, too...lil munchkin woke up an hour early and wouldn't go back to sleep til after I fed him, so I've been up way too long...I wish I had some yummy cin rolls to keep me awake. But, I do have some yummy homemade bread that the MIL brought over today while she watched the baby. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, she's SOSOSOSOSO beautiful, your first grader. Everytime I see her I think how beautiful she is. Mmmm. Hope her first day was awesome! I can't believe you got up at 4am to make cinnamon rolls!!! You rock, Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is ridiculous! Where does time go? She looks mighty cute and so grown up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. look how cute she is!! i love her school supplies! are those stickers that spell her name or did you hand write that?! cause i LOVE the font! and, um, so the next time we make it to kansas, i fully expect you to bring over some yummy cinnamon rolls . . . or teach the sis how to make them!!! :) :) :) mmmmmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jana...

    Oh..its stickers. :)

    And I promise to make cinnamon rolls the next time you come down. And it better be soon. I'm freakin out watching the Little Major grow...and I keep thinking...the Captain will be enormous!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is so, so precious. I love how you sparkled up all her stuff! And 4 am? You are a wonderful mom to get up at the crack of dawn, just to make Addy's day. How inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. actually, i think lil major is passing up the captain pretty quickly! in fact, i think sally's gonna have to start sending lil major's clothes to us instead of us sending captain's to her!!! i think they're about the same length already and the captain's still only in 3-6 month clothes (mind, you, he'll be 9 months old tomorrow!!!)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these pics! Can't believe you got up at 4am. Mine had Eggos and barely made it to school on time as it was! It's such a change from summer!

    ReplyDelete