Thursday, August 28, 2008

More Box Fun

The only thing better than turning your boxes into rocket ships while mom is packing...is turning them into boats for all you lovies while mom is unpacking. :) I found Ellie today conducting a cruise line for her lovies.


Here is what happens when she yells out..." All Aboard!!!!!!!!!!"

Last night she declared this same box full to the brim of lovies her "lovie box bed." Then she got really mad at Neal when he informed her she could in fact NOT sleep in the box.

Can I tell you something funny Ellie said that has nothing do with the box boat? Good. She looked all squinty up close at my freckled face and said, "Mom, you have polka dots all over your face."

Anyway...I have been working on their bedroom. Here is a picture of a good chunk of their toys and books unpacked and organized on my boat shelf.

And here is a special picture. While my mom was packing up her house, she came across these super cute Care Bear things. She made these for my nursery when I was born. I think they are so fun, and I took them to college with me. I asked the girls if they liked them -- and of course they did. So now they are gracing the girls wall with cheer and ... well ... care. :)


Step by step its all coming together...and in the mean time...nothing like playing in a good box.

5 comments:

  1. In college, at the O.C. campus radio station, we had a box that was a car for a little daughter of one of the DJs. Then the whole building burned (arson), and the radio station got remodeled.

    We were cleaning out the old storage closets, and found the car. It went home with another DJ for his daughters. Still had the name on the side, painted in black Sharpie...

    Too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, 1st of all Ellie is adorable! 2nd, yeah for all your organization...love it, 3rd, I love finding treasures from my childhood that my kids like. I love the Care Bears stuff, isn't it fun to see it all come back around?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, the CareBear thing is really cool that you still have it around and passed it on to your own girls. I'm laughing at you though for taking it to college!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always loved your polka dots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the boat bookshelf! The care bears are very, very cool!

    ReplyDelete