Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The Homestretch of Summer

Signs it's the end of summer:

1. Invitations to super huge pool parties.
2. I go a little crazy trying to cram in as many swimming sessions at my mom's pool as possible. I swam twice one day last week.
3. Furious packing sorting and deciding about all the stuff in my house as the end of summer move date approaches.
4. Ten thousand promises made of shopping for a back to school first day outfit. School starts for Addy in about 9 days.
5. Ten thousand reminders to Ellie that even though she doesn't start until September, she is going to school too.
6. Soccer kicks into full swing with three practices a week until the games start in about 2 weeks.
7. Regrets over the things that I didn't do or teach my kids this summer. (I have an excuse this summer. The lack of functioning really did me in.) I did manage to make sure that Ellie knows ALL her letters and the sounds they make before preschool starts. 1 point for Mommy. :)
8. A mad dash to finish seeing the summer blockbusters on the big screen. I finally managed to take Addy to see "Kit Kitridge: An American Girl." And I manged to swing that at the drive in. 2 more points for Mommy. It was really good.
9. Papa Murphy's sent out "Back to School" coupons. I'm in heaven.
10. Ummm...I never finished blogging about July and I only have 9 days of summer left before school starts.
11. The peak of summer hotness has hit. At the same time I hate 101 temps...it also means the max of summer is hitting and there is only place to go from here. Fall.

BRING ON FALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Ditto to #11. It'll be here soon, until then I'm not stepping a foot outside unless the sun has set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep...fall will be here before we know it! What's your big moving date? I've been praying for you. Glad you've not just been ONLY packing...but that you've been doing lots of swimming too!

    ReplyDelete