Monday, January 5, 2009

Poor Neglicted Blog of Mine.

I repent.

Just a little gem to get us back in the swing of things. Several years ago...I don't remember if was a Christmas gift or a birthday gift, but Sally gave us the movie "Mary Poppins". Ellie has been particulary entralled and has watched it over and over and over without end for several day.

And as we walked down the grocery aisle today, she was singing at the top her little lungs...

...OH ITS A JOLLY HOLIDAY WITH MARY!!!! WHEN MARY 'OLDS YOUR HAND...YOU FEEL SO GRAND...YOUR HEART STARTS BEATING....LIKE....A....BIG...BRASS......BANNNNNNNNNND!!!!

...at which point she stomps her feet three times right on beat. And its pretty funny to hear her sing Supercalifragalisticexpialidocious (amazing attempt at spelling on my part) because she can only get part of all those big words...like precocious just comes out "cious" .

And tonight...I caught her standing in front of a very messy bookcase fiercly trying to snap her fingers at it. :)

Neal suggested maybe we need a break from Mary. :) Maybe. :)

6 comments:

  1. oh my gosh. i love it! I'm so glad they like the movie...even if snapping the fingers isn't working. Remind me to ask her for a concert the next time i see her!

    Oh, and I'm WAY impressed at your spelling skills!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so funny, my little sister was obsessed with that movie about 20 years ago. We still resent her for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How funny! I'm glad we've moved on from Mary Poppins, it is now Beauty and the Beast. Glad to see you back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're back. How'd your 888 challenge turn out for last year? I failed miserably. Just wondering if you were planning to do it again this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is one of the greatest movies ever made! Glad to see you blogging again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My cousin was enthralled with Lady and the Tramp when she was about 4 and I was about 14. She got married this past year, and I seriously thought about giving it to her, just for fun.

    ReplyDelete