Wednesday, January 28, 2009

oh good grief

So. I have never ever been one to be all chatty or friendly with people I don't know. I'm not good at making new friends. I'm not the social butterfly with a million good friends like my amazing SIL Sally. Who I'm pretty sure right now is totally in seventh heaven with her buddies in Cali. I'm jealous I didn't get to go this time. :)

I also however...hate not knowing people. One of my biggest problems with our current church is that I don't know very many people. But don't think for a second I am about to turn around and introduce myself to the people behind me. Oh no way. Not safe.

When Addy was in preschool...I knew ONE fellow mom. But that mom knew everybody...so I got to know lots of moms and enjoyed my time standing in line chatting with the other moms. And then it was fun to know those moms when our kids all started Kindergarten.

Now that Ellie is in preschool...I again started out knowing like...nobody. My sorta cousin has a little girl in the same class...so I at least knew one person. And a lot of the moms in Ellie's pick up line look sooo nice. And friendly...and cute. But no way am I about to say ... uh...hi. What - Ever.

I noticed one day however that a certain little boy's mom was now writing a column for the local paper based on her BLOG!!! How cool...a BLOGGING MOM! So one day...I took a big breath and said something like, "Uhreallycoolbloginthepaper!!!" I'm really not good with getting to know people.

It turned out good though. Erin is super nice...and we have swapped blogs...and e-mailed a little. I think I made a friend!!! I think her blog is so cute and funny.

Except...I realized today after chatting in line for a minute that I had a big pink piece of sucker stuck right on the bootie of my coat. Awesome. I'm so cool. No charge. Pretty sure no one is looking at me going, "wow...she looks cute and nice and together." No way. More like...gross...that is sucker on her bootie.

Sometimes I think I have just as much clumsy/embarrassing stuff happen to me now as when I was in middle school. I hope I grow out of this phase too. :)

4 comments:

  1. That's better then a booger hanging out of your nose though:) Everyone sees your nose. Hopefully not everyone is looking at your butt:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least it wasn't a hot pink heart sticker stuck to your cheek!! I am so like you, it's not even funny! Unfortunatly fo me, I somehow gave birth to a social butterfly that has never met a stranger! Talk about constantly being yanked of my comfort zone!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, that is so funny.
    And I didn't notice your booty. Not that day, anyway. =) And I'm very glad you reached out to me so that we could be friends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know the world, and I am more than willing to drag you with me to meet with it! I love meeting new people. I am seriously outgoing when it comes to crowds.

    I have become great friends with people that totally scared me at first. You probably wouldn't believe me if I told you that YOU fit into that category for a while, huh? But I was intimidated by how easy you made it look to have kids, be crafty and blog about it all.

    I have decided that it doesn't matter what others think. I would have missed out on a lot of fun if I had let others' opinions hinder me. (Who would let their wife/daughter/sister go to another state and meet people she knew online? Really?)

    I have been blessed to know you, and I am happy to know that I am not the only one who has stickers discovered later. :-)

    ReplyDelete