Saturday, January 17, 2009

Ellie: My fabulous 4-year-old!!!!

*gulp* Can she REALLY be 4! She is. She turned 4 last week. And we had a so super fun Diego party! I like to call it: The Great Animal Rescue Party!




We invited some of our best friends over (to my mom's) and we all made spotting scopes! Because of course, you can't rescue any animal no matter how big or small without a good spotting scope!








Once we had our scopes all decorated and ready for action...the animal hunt began. Everyone got to run all over the house looking for carefully and skillfully hidden little animals!





That was my favorite part. Then we headed outside for an obstacle course! There were lots and lots of monkeys that needed to be rescued. One monkey was in the middle of the road (ride in the toy car to get him out of the road), one monkey needed to be fed (find the food on the other side of the tunnel, one monkey needed a bath (at the bottom of the slide), two monkeys were fighting and needed to make up (get them to use kind words) one monkey needed a chair built (rebuild that chair with wooden blocks), and one monkey needed help getting his jewelry on (ah..I love glow bracelts). It was very fun. Neal was in charge of this...and did a very awesome job. He had all the adults giggling too.


Then of course came the wonderfully amazing beautiful spectacular cake. My mom once again out did herself with it. She has bettter picture on her camera...but these aren't bad. You'll get the idea.



It was a great day!

6 comments:

  1. Awesome! I love that you put so much thought and creativity into the party, but not too much money.

    You guys rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...you are SO creative to put together such a fun party! I LOVE the spotting scopes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a very fun party!! Kudos to your mom, the cake decorator!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good thing my kids can't read because you put our birthday parties to shame. Ellie's party looks like so much fun! I may have to copy it for one of my kids' parties. And that cake your mom made...wow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dinosaur man has decided that he must have a Swim Diego party with "all the things just like Ellie had, especially the monkey rescue. It was sooooo fun!" So are you available to party plan at my house, in the blistering heat...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot believe we missed Ellie's birthday! I'm super mad and matt and myself for that. I'm glad you had so much fun. These are the important times!

    ReplyDelete