Thursday, September 4, 2008

My Fabulous Pre-Schooler!


Today is Ellie's first day of Pre-School!!!! Look out world...here comes Ellie. My little fire cracker is starting out to make a great big bang. I'm not even a teensie bit sad. I'm so excited for her to starting "creating" something that is just hers. She wasn't a bit sad either. She RAN into the room this morning.

Ellie: Mom, this time I don't want you to come with me.

I felt bad for the mom whose kid was screaming the minute they hit the parking lot. Addy cried a little the first week at her preschool...but I was so convinced she needed it so much that it really didn't bother me. I felt so bad for that mom of the crying kid. The mom had tears running down her face on the way out. I was much happier to have the kid who ran into class not worried a bit about me. The oddest sensation for me was dropping/picking up Ellie without trailing a sleepy/active/grumpy toddler on my hip. All these experiences with Addy, I had Ellie in tow. I need a baby. Sigh.

We took these pictures this morning. The problem with Ellie...is that she is NEVER ever still. Her little body is just rock solid muscle...cause she never stops moving. so the picture session was a little silly. Sorry for the cheese. :)

We started out the morning with homemade oatmeal banana pancakes. She was so excited she had a hard time settling down to eat...and finally just had to come back to her plate after we were all dressed and ready. Silly thing.


Here is Ellie all dressed up in her first day outfit!


And of COURSE we would have a DORA backpack. Life wouldn't be worth living without Dora. :)



And the pictures of all the swirling, dancing, and jumping while I tried to get a good picture.




And here I had her looking at a step stone while smiling AT the stone so I could get just a few good ones. :) I love her.

And here she is...happily in her class.

7 comments:

  1. the first pic is my absolute favorite!! Love that girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO cute!! I love how at that age their backpacks are as big as they are!! LOL. Hope she had a GREAT first day! Oh, and congrats on your new house, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowzers! I remember Addy's first day, now Ellie!?! Hope you are enjoying the time to yourself and doing what you need for yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. your blog is looking beautiful...only to match that gorgeous daughter of yours. what a looker! look out world for sure. and i love that first photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw she's such a big girl!!!! How beautiful! You must be so proud!

    ReplyDelete