Thursday, March 5, 2009

Truth truth truth...can't seem to get enough

I have become a huge fan of Tenth Avenue North. Like...I MUST be the reason for the publication of their CD, "Over and Underneath."

Lie: The Lord wasn't there...

Truth:

I hear you say my love is over...
its underneath...
its inside...
its inbetween

the times you doubt me when you can't feel
the times that you question is this for real?

the times you're broken
the times that you mend
the times you hate me
and the times that you bend

well my love is over
its underneath...
its inside...
its inbetween...

these times you're healing and when your heart breaks
the times that you feel like you've fallen from grace
the times you're hurting
the times that you heal
the times you go hungry and are tempted to steal

in times of confusion and chaos and pain
I'm there in your sorrow
under the weight of your shame
I'm there through your heartache
I'm there in the storm

My love, I will keep you by my power alone.

I don't care where you've fallen
or where you have been.
I'll never forsake you.
My love never ends.
It never ends.

--Good grief. This might as well be my story.

3 comments:

  1. I love that God reaches us in lots of ways -- through music, friends, anything. Thank you for sharing your journey, letting us know that we're not alone in sometimes feeling far from God, but reminding us that He is always there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey sweetie, jus takin this chance to tell you that I love ya!

    And guess what? I love Tenth Avenue North and have been listening to it incessantly. We keep doin that. :)

    :)

    ReplyDelete