Saturday, November 1, 2008

Well.


It is November 1st. Wow. I wasn't sure that I would live through this past October. This last month was a really tough one.

My brother in law RWR gave me a heart attack developing what we thought was West Nile, then Meningitis, then I'm not sure really what they decided. I paced my kitchen floor for several hours until I was sure I didn't need to rush to see him one last time. Goodness.

My dad spent awhile in the hospital battling blood clots in his lungs. Wheeze.

My daughter is battling a nasty round of bronchitis. Worry and Fret.

The economy has ran over my family like a mack truck. Flail.

And many other things that have seldom allowed me a moment to stop sobbing or barfing all over the hem of the Lord's robe. Frankly, I'm amazed to raise my head from his now severely stained garment to discover its November.

And I confess to being quite frustrated lately thinking about the upcoming holiday. Thanksgiving in particular...not sure I can manage to accomplish a grateful feeling this season. Not to mention...there is no Gary and Kim to share it with. Gulp.

So. I have decided to use my blog this season as sort of a blessing journal...a small way to move my weary heart towards healing and fullness.

So...I am on a journey to thanksgiving. Fun.

4 comments:

  1. Darn it. I was wondering what had happened to you, and I'm sorry to read it's been such a horrible time for you. I do hope that these months ahead, and the holidays they bring will help put a smile back on your face and that everybody gets healthy soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so many times over the month of October I almost emailed you to check in. WHY didn't I listen to the Spirit when I was nudged to do that? I prayed for you. And I still will. Good job looking for ways to be thankful. And, what else can I do for you besides pray for you? Ugh, okay, I'm emailing you right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry that October has not been a good month for you! I'll be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. RWR also gave me a heart attack. It has been not such a good time for Crystal and I know for you. I am still praying for you and your family and kiddos. Things will be different this thanksgiving, but "be strong and courageous, the Lord goes before you" Powerful scripture that is so relevant.

    ReplyDelete